It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to realize that ants in Arizona create some serious problems. From fire ants to crazy ants to everything in between, these six-legged insects are some of the most notorious pests in the Southwest.
While you may not experience concerns with every kind of ant, you’ll certainly run into some problems with the colonies around your home or yard every now and again. It’s time to know your insect enemies!
Common Type of Ants in Phoenix
While not exhaustive, these five ant types are the worst of the worst.
- Fire Ants: They bite, they sting, and they just keep building more nests. These tiny red ants pack a punch three times their size.
- Crazy Ants: The perfect foil to fire ants, crazy ants use their folic acid to burn homeowners when threatened.
- Odorous House Ants: These black soldiers lead to some of the most common ant infestation in home.
- Pharaoh Ants: Residents beware, these light-colored creatures are known to spread serious diseases, especially around multi-family housing areas.
- Rover Ants: Got water? There’s nothing a rover ant loves more than flying into your swimming pool. These bite-less, stingless creatures might not be out to hurt you, but the sheer number of winged reproducers are enough to make the skin crawl.
DIY Tips to Keep Ants from Your Phoenix Home
The best way to keep ants out is to prevent them from establishing colonies entirely. To do this, try:
- Keeping the yard well maintained.
- Sealing all cracks and tears on the outside and inside of the home.
- Keeping food preparation areas well cleaned.
- Sweeping and vacuuming often to prevent curious ants from scouting for food along the floor.
- Using a cover over your pool to shoo away thirsty ants.
If ants have begun infesting your property despite your DIY efforts, professional pest control will be needed.
Ant Infestation in Your Home? Call Us.
Ants of all kinds can quickly become complicated pests that take over the yard, garden, and home. If your home remedies fail to eliminate or manage the number of insects in your property, it’s time to call in the pest control professionals you can trust. For more than two decades, we have been dedicated to providing the highest level of service to all our Phoenix area clients. Using a combination of extermination, abatement, and preventative treatments, Wagner ensures a peace of mind like no-other.
To receive a comprehensive home inspection and get a handle on your antagonistic ants, reach out to us today to schedule a time that works best for you. At Wagner, we’re ready to serve.