Fall is when the weather begins to cool down and the leaves start to change color. Unfortunately, it’s also a time when pests start looking for a warm place to spend the cooler nights. Your home is the perfect spot for them, and they can cause a lot of damage in the process. Here are three of the most common pests that you need to watch out for this fall. If you spot any of these, make sure you call Wagner Pest Solutions!
Spiders are one of the most common pests in the fall. They are looking for a warm place to stay, and your home is the perfect spot. While they may not cause a lot of damage, they sure can give you the willies. So, there are a few things you can do to get rid of spiders:
- Seal up any cracks or holes in your home to keep them from getting inside.
- Use a spider repellent.
- Call Wagner Pest Solutions! We can take care of any spiders that are causing problems in your home.
Scorpions can be a major problem if you live in an area where they are common. Scorpions are attracted to light, so they will often wander into your home looking for a place to stay. They can be dangerous, so it is important to get rid of them as soon as you spot them. There are a few things you can do to keep them from getting into your home:
- Seal up cracks around windows, doorways, and foundations to prevent them from getting in.
- Clean up debris around your lawn or home as these are often hiding spots for them.
- Keep outdoor lights off at night.
Finally, rodents are a common pest we get called about during the fall. Usually, homeowners don’t notice them as much during the summer months, but activity usually goes up as the weather cools. Typically, rodents scrounge around the house, looking for bedding, trash, or debris to build their winter nests. So, there are some precautions you can take to prevent them in your home:
- Keep the trash in a covered can.
- Store food in plastic containers rather than cardboard boxes.
- Seal up any exterior cracks or holes larger than a quarter.
Get Your Home Ready for Fall
Fall isn’t just about the pumpkins, leaves, and all things festive. It’s also about getting your home ready for cooler weather. Pest control from Wagner Pest Solutions is one of the best ways to clear your home of these fall pests, and we can help with others like ants and bed bugs. We proudly serve residents throughout Phoenix and Scottsdale, AZ, so request service today by dialing (623) 466-6752.